SID alumni have earned a good status in several corporate business houses and renowned design studios. Several enterprising students are proud owners of start-up businesses and a number of them have also gone ahead for PG programs at reputed design schools in India and abroad.
- Communication Design:
- Graphic Design: The Graphic Design graduates find employment opportunities as Graphic Designers, Brand identity Developers, Logo Designers, Visual Image Developers, Multimedia Developers, Packaging Designers, Typography and Publication Designers and so on in various fields like Advertising, Graphic Design, Communication and Printing Industry and Professions, Audio-Visual Production, UX/UI Design and so on.
- User Experience Design: The UED graduates are placed in leading software companies in the domain of UX & Interaction Design in the role of Interface Designer, User Experience Designer, Web Designer, Mobile Application Interface Designer, Game Designer and so on.
- Animation Film Design: The AFD graduates are working in the areas of Advertising, Experimental Animation, VFX, 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Pre-production and Character Design in Films, Television Channels, Advertising, Marketing, e-Content Development and other related fields.
- Video Film Design: The VFD graduates are working in Film, Television and Advertising Industry as Producers, Director, Assistant Director, Cinematographer and Editors. Many of them are working with Online Media. Some of them are also working independently under their own production units.
- Industrial Design:The Industrial Design (Product Design) graduates are part of design teams in both large design and manufacturing establishments as well as smaller, independent design firms. They work as part of a larger team, creating products from concepts to drawings to prototypes to taking it into production in the domains of Transportation, White Goods, Furniture and Interior, Engineering Products & Systems, Consumer Goods, Craft based Products, Accessories, Personal User Products, Kitchen Tools and Appliances, New Age Electronics and IT Products & Systems, UX Design, Interaction and so on.
- Fashion Designing: The Fashion Design graduates are working with Fashion, Luxury and Lifestyle Industry as Fashion Designers, Freelance Design Consultants, Stylists, Costume Designers, Fashion Forecasters, Illustrators, Entrepreneurs, Academicians, Fashion Merchandisers and Buyers.
- Fashion Communication : The Fashion Communication graduates are placed in the Fashion and Lifestyle Industry in the domains of; Trend Forecasting, Fashion Journalism, Public Relations, Visual Merchandising, Fashion Advertising, Style Consultants, Identity Designers for Corporate World and Events Management.