SID Library started in August 2006. Library separated into two major areas, Reading hall and Thinking Room. The Library has a collection of books, national and international magazines, international journals, audiovisual material, Degree Projects, peer review & as a unique collection library have trend forecast magazines called “Promostyl, Pacshow details. Library has subscribed e-resources like WGSN database for Fashion, Life Style and Interior. SID Library having “COLOR CODING system for books. A library is using Automation software –KOHA. From 2019 Library is having auto entry facility for each user.
Library has more than 13000 books, 1243 educational audiovisual collection, etc.
|Sr. No.||Item Type ( Resource Type)||Total Collection|
|4||Movies by VFD & AFD Students||88|
|6||Digital Degree Projects||1128|
|9||E-resourcse subscribed by SID||4|
|10||E-Resources centrally subscribed – EBSCO, JSTOR, EMERALD, SRM, etc.||17|
|Monday to Saturday||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 4:30 pm|
|Exam Days||9:00 am to 8:00 pm||9:00 am to 6:30 pm|
|During vacation||9:00 am to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 4:30 pm|
|2||User Computer- Library having 10 computers for users|
|7||Audio Visual Display|
|8||Publications- Research Papers published by Faculty|
1. Each student who entrance the library he/she should enter his/her PRN in counter pc for auto library entry.
2. Each faculty and staff who entrance the library he/she should enter her/his employee id in counter pc for auto library entry.
3. Do not change the seating arrangement in the Library.
4. Once read please keep your Book / Magazine / News Paper on the Circulation Counter.
5. Smoking, spitting, eating, loud conversation, mobile using, headphone using, and similar objectionable practices are forbidden in or near the library. Student may make use of headphone for listening to music only in the library thinking room.
6. User can use lockers for keeping their bags, umbrellas, jackets etc. Also adequate storage facility has been provided at the entrance to the Library for these materials. However, files and books may be brought into the library only up to the outer reading area.